It was a fun filled weekend and although I brought ALL of my scrapping supplies (except 1 of my paper holders that I found the day I got home) the only scrapping I did was complete a page that I began at our last retreat almost 6 months ago. It was a long process to complete this page because I had stuck the pictures on the page, but not the 30 LETTERS that I cut out for the page! I spent several hours looking at the letters and playing a mind numbing form of Boggle trying to figure out what I was trying to say. Finally I figured out the letters spelled Samantha (my DD) and Christopher (my DN) Swinging. Okay, I have to be honest, I actually only spelled Christopher, Swing, Sam, and And with letters left over. I thought I had used a different font on my Cricut because as I saw it I had 3 G's, a T, an I, 2 N's and an H left over. When I laid out the words I had spelled, I realized, if I turned 2 of the G's upside down and backwards they were actually A's and would complete my DD name. That was good for a few hours of laughing at my expense!

I also made 15 paper flowers for a flower swap I am doing on the Memory Makers board. The girls were very excited when they saw these and thought I had made them for their 11th birthday, which is today!!!!
While at the retreat I was recruited for 2 more swaps, an altered brads swap on the Memory Makers Board and a CJ that was started several months ago and someone backed out last minute.My friend Kathi and my new friend, Lisa, are very persuasive women, not that it took too much twisting of my arm!
Also, in school news, I attended my LAST college classes of my 7 year journey to my Bachelor's degree this evening and I will graduate in 9 days!!!! I am so excited to see where God leads me and what my future is going to look like.
I wish all of you many blessings and lots of joy in the rest of this week!
Jean :o)

Oh my, even after you reminded me, I forgot the twins birthday. Please apologize to them and give them hugs & kisses from me.
ReplyDeleteThe retreat WAS most fun and I too look forward to the next one in September. I do believe we will have a few other visitors from MM. Won't it be cool to meet more of our imaginary friends?!
Your flowers look lovely, Jean!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the CJ group! :)
The flowers are so pretty! Can't wait to get em. Lisa persuasive, nah can't be the same Lisa ;)
ReplyDeleteI finished your cj page, go to my blog and check it out-
4 Verses
Paula