I have a really good friend, Greg, that has given me the same advise on multiple occasions. Do you think I have listened to and followed this advice? Listened to: Yes, Followed: NO!
Okay, so now I understand his advise a little better and I have decided it's about time for me to follow this wise Christian man's advise.
Here's how the change of heart/mind occurred:
For about 2 months I have been praying for God to give me patience with my children, husband, co-workers and students that I work with in my job. Well It kept seeming like he wasn't listening to me, so I just kept praying, "God please give me patience to deal with the people in my life that try my patience and get under my skin." This seems like a harmless prayer, right? WRONG!!!!
You see this is where Greg's advise comes in ... "When you pray for God to give you patience, He is not just going to put the patience in you, He is going to BUILD the patience in you."
That is exactly what God did, HE BUILT IT! The more I prayed, the more annoying the people I needed the patience for got. (Thus me thinking He wasn't listening.) Well, it got to the point of almost explosion and then it hit me; I need to ask for Grace and Peace for these people and STOP asking for patience for myself.
Psalm 27:14 says: "Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord."
Okay, I hear you God. I don't want patience anymore, I just want your will and grace for those I have wronged in my anger and frustration.
Feeling Alright!
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment